Having problems installing a new WordPress theme? Try below.
- In your backend of the server enable SSH
- Use Putty and Navigate to your server (192.168.*.*:22)
- Login as ‘root’ or ‘admin’
- enter ‘cd ..’ and hit enter, repeat several times until you are on the highest level
- now enter the following line:
sudo chown -R http:http /folder1/folder2/folder3
(where folder1,2,3 are the names of the folders)
- Hit enter (and provide the password)
- What will happen?
This command will change permissions for the last folder (folder3 in this case) to User:Group which is in this example http:http
Hope this helps!